Join-Us (Membership Application Process)
Advisory Notice for Prospective New Member Applicants: The S-N IWLA Board of Directors met on September 8th, 2020 at the park to conduct the September Board of Directors meeting. The Board had a lengthy discussion regarding the revision of the membership application process. Due to COVID-19, our chapter had been unable to receive new members into the chapter in 2020 up to that point. Therefore, the Board approved the following policy for new members to join the S-N IWLA chapter, effective immediately (as of September 8th, 2020):
- Prospective members will no longer need to attend two dinner meetings as previously required.
- Prospective members will need to attend an orientation meeting at the park. Up to three (3) chapter members, to include at least two Board members or officers, will conduct this orientation. A group of up to six prospective members may attend the orientation.
- The applicant must submit to a background check at a cost of $25 paid by the applicant.
- The applicant must select up to three chapter committees that they would like to serve. The applicant will then be contacted by one of the chapter committee chairs for the purpose of getting acquainted as to whether they might be a good fit to serve on the committee, prior to the Membership Chair submitting their application to the Board for approval.
- Effective immediately (as of September 8th, 2020) upon the Board approving the applicant for membership, the applicant will pay a one-time initiation fee of $150 to the chapter in addition to the annual membership dues.
If you are interested in becoming a Member of our Chapter, please fill out the contact form shown and press the SUBMIT button below, and the information you have entered will be routed to Alan Ferguson, Chapter Membership Chair. Alan in turn will contact you to explain our chapter’s application process in more detail. Alternatively, if you have questions about the advisory notice above, or other questions, you may prefer to email Alan directly at .
Note: The New Member Application PDF form revision ‘v2020-11-10’ posted below is effective as of November 10th, 2020 and is required for use by all new applications for membership. However, please do not fill out and submit this new member application form just yet; rather, wait until after you have received clarification from Alan Ferguson, our Chapter Membership Chair, as to how the application process works. Thanks!