Our Chapter Members volunteer their time and resources on a regular basis by participating in a variety of programs and activities relating to conversation and the environment, such as pulling trash from ditches as depicted in this photo on the right.
But we do much more, as you can see from this summary of recurring events held each year at our S-N IWLA Chapter:
- Annual Education Scholarships are awarded each Summer to students who have been accepted to or are already attending a university, college, or trade school, and who are pursuing studies pertaining to conservation and the environment. For more information, see Scholarships.
- An Education Scholarship raffle fund raiser is held every year. For more information, see Fund Raisers.
- Annual Pancake Dinner fund raiser event occurs each November. For more information, see Fund Raisers.
- Semi-annual Adopt-a-Road road-side cleanup event occurs on King’s Fork road in Suffolk, VA just before the regular dinner meetings in the Spring and in the Fall. For more information, see Adopt-a-Road.
- For information about shooting and archery classes/competitions scheduled at our Chapter park’s firing and archery ranges, see March 2017 Members-Only 22 Shooting Competition, and also Archery Range.
- The Annual Teddy Bear Hunt for Kids 3-10 years is held in April.
- Once or twice a year, river cleanups are scheduled as part of the Adopt-A-Stream program. See Nansemond River Cleanups for more information.
- Semi-annual Park Clean-up and Family Picnic days are scheduled to occur in the Spring and again in the Fall, located at 480 Kings Fork Road, Suffolk, VA. For specific dates, see the Calendar.
- Annual Banquet Dinner/Awards Presentations occurs at the Members Meeting each September. For specific dates, see the Calendar.
- Regular dinner meetings are held monthly every third Wednesday of the month (except for December) at the Kings Fork Community House, located at the intersection of Kings Fork Road and Providence Road, Suffolk, Va. Dinner starts at 7PM. For more information, see Meetings.
- Board meetings are held monthly at 7PM usually on the Monday or Tuesday of the week that precedes the regular meeting at the Suffolk Fire Station on King’s Fork Road (but with fallback plan to meet in the Constantia house at 509 W. Washington Street if available). Check the Calendar for specific dates and locations since these vary from month-to-month! For more information, see Meetings.